Approximately 10 million Americans suffer from fibromyalgia. This is a very common condition. There are people who don’t even know they exist. There are doctors who don’t recognize fibromyalgia in patients and often misdiagnose it.
It is very important to know the presence of this disease in order to get rid of pain and unpleasant symptoms.
There is no cure for this condition, but certain medications, cognitive behavioral therapy, and gentle exercise can help.
When people hear about fibromyalgia, the first thing that comes to mind is muscle pain.
People with fibromyalgia experience many other problems besides pain to the touch. It is a condition that affects their emotional, mental and physical health.
CAUSES AND DIAGNOSIS
It is still not clear what causes fibromyalgia. You cannot prevent this condition, but you can control it. You just need to know that you have it.
There is no specific test that doctors use to diagnose fibromyalgia. The doctor only asks if the patient has any of the following symptoms.
The doctor also performs various tests and methods such as antinuclear antibodies, blood tests, rheumatoid factor, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thyroid test, MRI, X-ray, etc.
Here are the most common symptoms. If you notice some of them, please contact a specialist.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia
MUSCLES AND THE BODY
- muscle contractions
- Morning stiffness
- Soft, bulging chest
- Mild or severe pain that may spread to other parts of the body.
- Grinding of teeth
- Hypnosis (also known as the feeling of falling into a dream)
- Insomnia/Sleep instability, every morning you feel very tired
- muscle stiffness during sleep
SINUS AND ALLERGY PROBLEMS
- thick mucus
Nasal and postnasal syndrome
- Breathing is confused
- Ear pain, ear itching
- Sensitivity to mold and mildew, as well as allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pelvic pain, nausea, stomach cramps, bloating
- Frequent urination
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS
Poor visibility when driving at night or in low light conditions
Hypersensitivity to climate change, light, sound, smell, pressure, and temperature.
- Language impairment, as well as difficulty in pronouncing familiar words
-Poor coordination and balance
- Burning and stinging in the upper limbs
- Frequent fainting, short-term memory, difficulty distinguishing some colors, difficulty concentrating.
- Difficulty in orientation, difficulty in recognizing familiar surroundings
- Loss of libido
-PMS and other menstrual problems
PROBLEMS OF THE HEART
- Valve problem
- Heart attack-like pain
SKIN, HAIR, NAILS
- nails that are too sharp or bent under
- Hair loss
- Freckled, bruised, easily scarred skin
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- mood swings and irritability for no reason
- anxiety, depression, panic attacks
- Family history
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Headache, migraine
- desire to eat carbohydrates and chocolate
- vision problems
All the above symptoms mean that you have another disease, so don’t be afraid. For example, PMS, cravings, frequent mood swings, and headaches are not the only symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Just consult your doctor. Don’t criticize yourself.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR FIBROMYALGIA
These tips will help you treat fibromyalgia symptoms naturally.
- practice yoga
- use acupuncture
- try to breathe wisely
- tai chi to exercise
- go for a massage
- use anti-inflammatory herbs like turmeric, garlic and ginger
- Consuming organic, whole, anti-inflammatory foods
- take magnesium, vitamin B12 and vitamin D supplements
- light exercise