In the article:
And what else to cook fasting without meat, dairy and eggs? Well, one solution is to be inspired by the monastic preparations. The monks learned hundreds of years ago and perfected dishes made exclusively from vegetables, and today they are proud of some very tasty dishes.
Monastery cage recipe
1 kg barley
1.5 kg of walnut kernels
250 grams of sugar
peel 2 grated lemon
Grated peel of 1 orange
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons of rum extract
How to prepare
1. We select the wheat and wash it in 9 lukewarm water, then boil 3 liters of water in a large saucepan. When the water begins to boil, turn on the fire and add the barley. Let it boil and turn the pot from time to time so that the wheat does not stick.
2. Leave it on the fire until a little water remains, then add the sugar and mix it with a wooden spoon, then leave it on the fire for a few more minutes,
Until all the water evaporates. Pour the wheat into an enameled bowl and cover it with a clean, damp towel.
3. Put half the amount of walnut kernels in the chopper and cut the rest into pieces with a knife. Let the wheat stand overnight.
4. In the morning, add the chopped pulp to the knife and a quarter of the amount of cereal provided by the bread machine, then mix them with grated lemon and orange peel.
Pour in the rum extract and taste – if it is not sweet enough, you can add more honey.
5. Then knead the mixture by hand, then put it on the trays. On top, add a thick layer the rest of the machine-made walnuts. The last step is to decorate the cage as you like.
The monastery’s recipe for fasting stuffed peppers
6-8 yellow peppers
200 gm rice
1 red pepper
A bunch of green onions
700 ml vegetable soup
250 ml tomato juice
2 tablespoons of oil
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
Pepper and salt to taste
Monster stuffed peppers recipe
[Sursa foto: PixaBay]
How to prepare
1. Wash the peppers and cut them into caps on the back of the seeds. Peel the zucchini, grate it and squeeze the juice, including the ribs.
2. We chop the red pepper, chop the white part of the onion and grate the carrots. Wash the rice in a little water until the water is clear.
Read also: Andra returned home after Carmen Hara predicted divorce! What a famous man I was surprised by – kfetele.ro
Read also: The sad news of the day for Savita Bogdan. Let’s pray for her..- bzi.ro
3. Heat the soup juice. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the chopped vegetables and let them cook until they are soft and become glassy, but do not let them fry. Add rice and fry a little, stirring with a wooden spoon, then start pouring it, which is a hot soup to polish. When the rice absorbs the water from the bowl, add the soup, one at a time. Cook until rice is puffed and tender, about 20 minutes. Taste it before removing it from the heat, so that the rice is already cooked. Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste.
Read also: Delicious baked cauliflower recipes
4. Cut the tomatoes into slices. In a large ceramic baking dish, arrange a few tomato slices at the base. Chop the green onion leaves and add them on top of the tomatoes.
5. Using the spoon, fill the pepper completely with the previously prepared rice mixture, and after each pepper is finished, cover with a stalk, and put it in the oven dish.
6. Dilute the remaining tomato juice with a little lukewarm water and pour over the peppers, until the peppers are half covered with sauce. Close the pepper with the lid aside.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cover the pan with a lid and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and flip the pepper on the other side. Leave the dish in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, without a lid, until the juice decreases and the pepper peel becomes slightly brown. If the sauce is dripping a lot, you can add another cup of hot water.
8. They are very well warmed, sprinkled with saucepan and sprinkled with green parsley. They can also be served with an extra portion of tomato sauce poured on top. Stuffed peppers are ready!
7-8 bigger potatoes
3-4 large carrots
400 gm white mushroom
Small bunch of green parsley
How to prepare
1. Cut the potatoes into slices half a centimeter thick, fry in oil, then remove on a paper towel and drain.
2. Carrots, sliced, chopped onions and mushrooms, cut into larger slices, cook alternately, leaving until enough juice is reduced, and at the end add salt to taste and 1 teaspoon of starch to bind the composition.
3. Put a layer of potatoes, a layer of filling and again a layer of potatoes in a heat-resistant dish. Place thick slices of tomato and finely chopped parsley on top.
Fasting monster vegetable soup
A bunch of yellow pods
2 sweet peppers
1 stalk of dill
1 thigh parsley
1 lg pine
A sprig of green thyme
1 liter small borscht
3 liters of oil
How to prepare
In a saucepan of cold water, add the onions, carrots, pods and parsnips and bring to a boil, then add the onions, carrots, pods and parsnips and bring to a boil over a suitable heat. When it boils, add the paprika. Let it boil for 20 minutes, then add the zucchini and potatoes. When the potatoes are boiled, add the tomatoes, oil and season with salt. We also add a sprig of thyme and a little warm zest. Before turning off the flame, add green vegetables. Serve hot and cold with hot pepper.
Read also: Two simple recipes for Father Ephraim from Dervent Abbey, where Aurelian Breda is buried! The priest is a real chef
Recipe for Zakuska Monastery
2 kilos of eggplant
3 kg of sweet pepper
1 kg onion
1 liter broth
500 ml oil
3-4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons of sugar
How to prepare
1. First, eggplant is stewed on the grill or on the stove, and on another stove peppers.
2. When the pepper is cooked, remove it in a container with a lid and let it cool, then clean it. Eggplants are also carefully peeled, passed along with baked peppers and onions through the chopper. Then put the onion, oil and a teaspoon of salt in a thick-bottomed saucepan and put it on the fire. Leave to freeze well and then add pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
3. Add the eggplant, broth, pepper and bay leaf. My heart, reduce the heat and cover the pot with a lid
4. Boil for an hour. Make sure the zacusca finally has a homogeneous consistency. Season with salt and pepper and for a delicious taste, add two tablespoons of sugar. Pour hot zakuska into well-wrapped sterilized jars and allow to cool slowly.