A delicious soup that is prepared quickly and suitable for vegetarians or fasting people according to retete-usoare.ro.
– a carrot;
-160 g of champignon mushrooms;
-70 gm of spinach
– a sprig of fresh basil (optional);
-3 garlic cloves
-150 ml of coconut milk (you can add 10-15% of cooking cream outside of fasting);
– 30 ml of sunflower or olive oil;
-1.5 liters of water
Salt, a mixture of ground pepper – to taste.
How to prepare:
1- Cut the onions and carrots into cubes. We add them to the pan in which you heated the oil, and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
2- Cut the potatoes into cubes and chop the mushrooms into slices or halves (depending on their size).
3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stirring regularly, fry for another 4 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes to the pan. Stirring regularly, saute the vegetables for an additional 2 minutes.
5- Then add fresh or frozen spinach and chopped garlic with a knife, garlic press or grater. Mix well.
6. Add water.
7. Boil the soup for 20 minutes from the moment of boiling over low – moderate heat.
8- Then add coconut milk, salt, ground pepper mixture to taste, and chopped basil. Stir and leave the soup to boil. Remove it from the fire.
9. Serve vegetable soup with mushrooms and coconut milk!
See also: delicious recipe. The secret of the best snail muffins with vanilla cream and raisins
The soft pastry snail is soft, fluffy, layered, aromatic and delicious, covered in a red and crunchy crust, according to retete-usoare.ro.
Fermented puff pastry:
– 500 grams of flour
– 125 ml of milk
– 125 ml of water
– 30 g of fresh yeast or 10 g of dry yeast;
– 60 gm of sugar
– 10 grams of salt
250 grams of 82% butter.
For the vanilla cream:
-150 ml of milk
– 30 gm of sugar
-2 egg yolks
15 gm of corn starch.
– 15 gm butter
A teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
– 100 grams of raisins.
– egg + 1 teaspoon water (to lubricate the snail before baking);
Powdered sugar (for decoration).
From these ingredients you will get 18 snails.
How to prepare:
1- Prepare the dough (in the evening): pour warm milk and warm water into a deep bowl. Add powdered yeast and sugar. Mix with a spoon until completely dissolved.
2- Add some sifted flour and salt. flip over.
3. Gradually add the remaining flour. Mix first with a spoon, then knead the dough with your hands.
4- After all the flour has entered the dough, transfer it to the work surface and gradually incorporate 50 g of soft butter into it. Then knead the dough for another 10 minutes, until it becomes smooth, homogeneous, elastic and not sticky.
5. Shape the dough into a ball and put it in a deep bowl. Cover with cling film and let it swell for 60 minutes in a warm place.
6. Gently knead the leavened dough, roll it out on a thick rectangular surface, and work on a table sprinkled with flour. Put it in a rectangular saucepan and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
7. Put 200 grams of relatively soft butter in a plastic bag and spread it with square rolling pins of 20 x 20 cm dimensions and of uniform thickness. Put it in the fridge overnight.
8. In the morning: Working on a table sprinkled with flour (all the time), spread the dough into a rectangle, size 20 x 40 cm.
9- Put the butter on one half of the countertop, then cover with the free side. Glue the edges of the table top as if you were making a corner.
10- Place the dough on the table with the central fold facing left. Place it on a rectangular table top measuring 20 x 60 cm.
11. Bend the short edges inward, overlapping them.
12- Turn the folded work surface so that its free edge is facing to the right (as if it were a book you want to open).
13. Roll out the dough again in a rectangular tray measuring 20 x 60 cm. Fold it likewise.
14. Place it on a cutting board and cover with plastic film. Put it in the fridge and let it “rest” for 20-30 minutes.
15. Then repeat step 13. After folding the dough, press it gently with your hands so that its layers do not slip during fermentation. Put it on a shredder, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
16- Make the vanilla cream: Mix the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla sugar.
17. Add cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
18. Gradually add the milk to the boil, stirring constantly.
19. Transfer the resulting composition to the saucepan, where you heated the milk. Boil for 1-2 minutes from the moment the first bubbles appear, over low heat, stirring constantly. It needs to be thickened.
20. Remove the cream from the fire. Add butter to it. Mix well.
21. Cover the cream with cling film so that it directly touches its surface. Put them in a bowl of cold water and let them cool down to room temperature.
22. Mix the cooled cream until it becomes soft again and can be spread a little on the dough.
23- Wash and dry the raisins with paper towels. If you wish, you can soak them in strong alcohol (such as brandy) beforehand.
24. Shape the snails: Working on a table sprinkled with flour, spread the dough into a rectangle shape, 35 x 60 cm in size and 3-4 mm thick.
25. Grease the face with vanilla cream and spread the raisins on its surface.
26- Then roll it into a zip-roll, starting with a long edge. Lay it with the “weld line” down.
27. We cut the roll into 18 pieces with a thickness of 2-3 cm using a sharp thin knife.
28. Put the obtained snails on a tray lined with baking paper, leaving free spaces between them.
29. Cover with cling film and let it “rest” for 1.5 hours or until it doubles in size (the temperature in the kitchen should be 23-26 ° C).
30. Brush the snails with a beaten egg and mix them with a teaspoon of water using a brush.
31. Bake the snails for 20 minutes, until well browned, in an oven preheated to 220 ° C.
32. Leave to cool slightly, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Keep up to date with the latest news. Follow DCNews on Google News too